Have you ever thought about how much time your digital clutter is costing you?
First, what is digital clutter?
- an unorganized and cluttered computer
- an unorganized and cluttered phone
- a social media feeds full of stuff you’re not interested in and makes you feel like you’re not good enough
Now let’s have a look at an average day
🤯 Where did I save this document? -> 5 minutes of searching (about 2 -3 times a day)
🤯 I know I’ve bookmarked this site. But where is it? -> 5 minutes of searching
🤯 Which one of the 7 design apps is the one to create animated Instagram stories? -> 5 minutes of searching
🤯 Oh, look – someone liked my Instagram post. Let’s have a quick look. -> 15 minutes of scrolling (Be honest – how often???)
🤯 On your scroll you saw a post of a competitor who just launched this amazing offer. -> 30 minutes of feeling like you’re not good enough
Should I go on?
I know you got it by now. 💡
Just these few things can easily cost you about an hour a day.
How to easily save an hour per day
So what can you do to get back your time and spend it on things that actually matter and bring your business forward?
- Set up a filing structure that makes it easy for you to file and find documents.
- Declutter and organize your existing files.
- Clear out your desktop and downloads folder.
- Declutter and organize your bookmarks.
- Declutter and organize the apps on your phone.
- Minimize distractions on your phone (e.g., turn off notifications)
- Clear out your social media feeds (e.g., unfollow people who make you feel like you’re not good enough)
When you declutter and organize your digital space, you can easily save yourself an hour per day because it’s quick and easy for you to find things and you’re not distracted by notifications and social media.
When you need some help organizing your files and filing structure, you can check out my FREE mini-course “Organize Your Files & Filing Structure.”