Do you struggle to unwind in the evening?
When you run your own business, it can be tough to draw the line between business and personal life, right?
You feel like you have to be present all the time. For your clients, on social media, and so on.
But you have to set boundaries and draw a clear line between your business and your personal life.
Not only because your brain needs time to recharge so that you are full of energy the next day.
Also, because you want to be fully present in your personal life. You don’t want to check emails while having dinner with friends, right?
That’s why it is so important to end your workday the right way -> with a Shutdown Ritual. It signals your brain that work is done and that it’s time to unwind and enjoy your time off.
What exactly is a Shutdown Ritual?
It’s a series of things you do at the end of your workday to signal your brain that it’s time to unwind and set yourself up for a successful next day.
What are the benefits of a Shutdown Ritual?
- You know that everything is taken care of and you can enjoy your evening.
- You set yourself up for the next day.
- You reflect on your day and end it on a positive note.
Sounds great! But what should I do?
Here’s a list of the things you should do every evening before you stop working. It’s basically the last item on your to-do list each day.
- Check your emails: Is there anything important?
- Review and update your to-do-list for the next day.
- Review and update your calendar for the next day.
- Tidy up your workspace.
- Write down 3 things you’re grateful for.
- Write down 3 wins of the day.
How To Stop Perfectionism Affecting Your Productivity
Free For You
ORGANIZE YOUR FILES & FILING STRUCTURE
This FREE mini-course will help you declutter & organize your files and set up a filing structure.
GYST DAY GUIDE
Get back control about what's going on in your business and life.