I had this project on my to-do list for months …
I postponed it week after week.
And I felt bad about myself for doing so.
The answer to why you’re procrastinating can sometimes be very simple.
In the past weeks, I took a step back and thought about what I want to do in my business … how I want to run my business.
And it became very clear to me why I procrastinated on this project.
I didn’t feel aligned at all.
I thought I had to do it because I learned about it in a course. But I never asked myself if it feels right for me to do it this way.
So I scratched it from my list and replaced it with something that feels aligned. Something that feels good. And guess what – now I’m excited to work on it.
If you find yourself procrastinating on a project or task, ask yourself:
- Is this something I actually want to do?
- Does it feel aligned?
- Is it something I think I should do because someone told me so?
- Is it something I think I should do because everyone else is doing it this way?
- How can I make it different?
- How can I make this “my way”?
- Should I scratch this at all?
I know that it’s not always possible to only have projects/tasks on our plate that are exciting.
But we can at least make sure to do these things in a way that feels good for us.
Make sure to follow me on Instagram for more tips on productivity and time management and behind the scenes.